[WriteLog] WL S&P plus CQ modes?

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Jul 6 19:20:49 EDT 2005

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F responded:

 > There is no way to use the Enter sends exchange/qrz facility in Writelog for
 > both running and S&P. Several of us have lobbied for this functionality to
 > be provided but Wayne has yet to be persuaded.
 >
 > What we need is when S&P is detected that WL triggers reference to an
 > alternative set of message buffers.
 >
 > Several serious CW contesters have asked for this functionality on several
 > occasions over the last couple of years but the requests have always fallen
 > on deaf ears.

I love WL for SSB, but those who aren't CW ops or who haven't experienced
the flexibility and intuitiveness of TRlog won't understand what is
involved here.  Especially, when distinctly separate CQ and S&P mode
exchange responses are needed in contest formats like the NA Sprint, and
yet only require you to press the same <ENTER> button ONCE to get both
(depending upon which mode you are in).

Being able to NOT have to screw around with additional keystrokes in TRlog
is absolute King,. but until I can get DOS related serial port issues
resolved, I've had to migrate to WL for CW to get moved from SO2R Wannabee
to SO2R n00bie status here :-)

A big TNX to all who responded, either here or directly, with workaround
suggestions.  Using a notebook computer without a numeric keypad, once I
reprogram my X-Keys widgets with the WL F-keys assignments, I'll be close
to where I'd like to be, but no cigar. K6LA's suggestions helped me make a
final decision on things here (of course, subject to revision as needed :-)

There may be some WL CW ops interested in our NCCC Thursday Night "NS" (NA
Sprint Format) mini-contests, so I'll post my entire Wl NCCC "NS"
configuration (next) in case this might help some more CW folks participate
in all the fun.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA