[WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 07:35:54 EDT 2005

Eric Hilding very logically wrote: "Before folks scream "leave things the
way they are", I suggest ALL the enhancements we have been discussing should
be left "OFF" in a basic WL installation, and available as options to be
turned "ON" by Advanced CW Operators."

Absolutely!!  I don't do SO2R, and using another F key for the s/p exchange,
isn't any problem for me! It's been kindasorta "habit forming", just as
using another F key to send "QRL", before I transmit.
One of the reasons I purchased WriteLog, other than it does CW/SSB/RTTY,
was not needing to remember if I was in s/p or run mode. The ability, for
those of us that don't need/want this feature, should be an option, not a
requirement. WriteLog is , and should be, written for everyone, not just a
few?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW