[WriteLog] Serial Numbers with networked PCs

steve@stevebb.com steve at stevebb.com
Sun Jul 24 14:54:54 EDT 2005

There is one logging program that as soon as either the RUN or MULT station
types the first letter of a callsign it will grab that serial number and
regardless when the  ENTER  key is pressed that serial number is assigned to
the callsign that typing began first on.

It is also a freeware program ! So I would have thought it  "likely"  that
this feature  "could"  be added to Writelog, which would certainly benefit
contesters entering contests other than CQWW or ARRL ie the type that do
still require a serial number exchange  (and their are quite a lot !)  .....
note: I meant that as an observation and not a nik-pick as I rate Writelog
extremely highly!

I have just spent a few hours this afternoon playing with the IOTA module
and Writelog on two PC's in a network configuration. Piece of cake to setup
even without resorting to help files  -  well done the programers  :-)

Best wishes,

Steve  G4KIV ZC4BS ZD8SB and sometimes G6M

Homepage:  http://www.stevebb.com
Photo portfolio:  http://www.usefilm.com/member/steveb
Shutterpoint:  http://STEVEBB.shutterpoint.com
Email:  steve at stevebb.com