[WriteLog] MFJ 1279 card help

Lloyd S. Smith nx4w at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 17:44:58 EDT 2005

Does anyone out there have a successful hookup of the MFJ 1279 sound card to the FT1000MP for FSK RTTY operation?  There is no documentation for this other than the fact they tell you to use the CW output jack on the MFJ 1279..  I have run the number 1 (shift) terminal from the back of the FT1000MP along with the number 4 (ground wire) and it is plugged into the CW jack on the back of the MFJ1279.  All I get when I transmit is a solid tone without any shifting.  Am I missing settings somewhere or is my wiring wrong?  I get the tone whether the FSK line is plugged in to the MFJ1279, or not.

Thanks, Lloyd
NX4W