[WriteLog] Direct IO Install Woes

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sat Jun 11 22:52:35 EDT 2005

Gosh, TNX to the multitude who replied directly.

FYI, install instruction data for the LPT1 port on the Direct IO WriteLog
installation instruction page would NOT work on my machine.  I ended up
with Mega-CHOPPY "partial" CW. Closing & reopening the WL file would then
sometimes yield no CW.  Very frustrating.

One kind respondent suggested:

 > Go into control panel, system, device manager, and open the parallel port
 > device.  Look at properties, resources, and see what the port address
 > is.  Enter something that includes that range.

Why can't DIRECT IO give such clear step by step instructions for getting
to this info on an individual machin?  Not all of us a tech-gurus!  Once I
followed the "new" fellow WL user instructions, a correction was made, the
CW worked...but not until after the operating event was over.

Tnx again to all, and hopefully the above info may help another WL user who
gave up on Direct IO, which I was just about to do!!!

73...

Rick, K6VVA