[WriteLog] Keyboard and Macro quiry

Phil Florig W9IXX at arrl.net
Wed Jun 15 22:32:28 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Tnx for all the inputs on my quiry.  I believe I have the
info I was asking for.

I have been using the %D instead of %C as didn't realize
what the %c will do.  Still a little confused but will have
to try that.

The %I seems to be what I was thinking about.  But agn
more experimenting.

I appreciate all the inputs and hopefully some day I
will be good enough to help someone else....  HI...

Keep up the good discussions and it helps more people
than you think it does as a lot are silent like me..

73   Phil  W9IXX

Forget the Alt-K just hit the F key.
"Bill" <ak0a at kc.rr.com>

Create some "macro files" and when you hit the alt K to bring the keyboard
up, there is a "open file" insert option available. When you use it a bit,
you can get it inserted before the text get to it. 73 de
Wayne, k7wm at i10net.com

Phil, use the dropdown menu "setup", then CW/RTTY/SSB messages. You can
program each "F" key, including "shift F" keys. Hope this helps?
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

If you program one of the other function keys for the other guy's call
using the %C macro in one of the function keys. This will send what is in
the entry window, so you don't need to use the Alt-K keyboard approach. If
the cursor is on the entry window (for instance if you have started typing
the call) when you hit a Function key with a %C in it, then a red box will
be drawn around the call and (as long as you are a fast enough typist) the
full call will be sent.

Note: when you are programming Function Keys, leave an extra space after
the last character or macro so that if you hit two function keys, the
messages will not be run together. This way if you program F6 as "%C ", you
can just hit F6 then F5 and it will send "<his call> DE W9IXX/4 K".
MarC, K3NCO

There a couple of ways of doing this.  You can have a macro that goes:
%C DE W9IXX/4 K
%C is the callsign that is in the Entry Window.

Also, you can insert from the keyboard with %I.
When you use %I in a macro, the macro stops and a small window opens where you
can type from keyboard.  When finished typing from the keyboard, hit Enter and
the macro will continue.
The only time I use %I is in a macro used to move stations from one band to
another.
Example:
%C PSE QSY %I DE AA5AU K
When this macro is transmitted, it will stop at %I and a small window opens
where I type in a frequency, hit enter and the macros is sent like this:
W9IXX/4 PSE QSY 21085 DE AA5AU K

For example macros (called messages) for each RTTY contest, refer to:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/rttymessages.htm
73, Don AA5AU