[WriteLog] WRITELOG install problem

Kevin J. Rowett krowett at rowett.org
Thu Jun 16 01:08:36 EDT 2005

HI All,

I've installed WL on many machines, all with great success.

Today, I ran across a rather unique install problem.

After extracting the files, clicking on setup.exe, causes this error
message:

16 bit Windows Subsystem - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
Choose "close" to terminate the application."

This is the full install version of 10.54C.  The machine is a Dell laptop, running
WinXP SP1.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

73, de -KR- N6RCE
n6rce at arrl.net
CU in the 40th running of the Calif QSO Party - Oct 1-2