[WriteLog] CAT Support

Simon Brown (HB9DRV) simon at hb9drv.ch
Sun Jun 19 08:58:15 EDT 2005

Hi All,

On behalf of a pesky west coast WriteLog user* I am adding virtual COM port
support into Ham Radio Deluxe so that users of third-party programs can
seamlessly talk to the radio via Ham Radio Deluxe. I am providing support
for the Kenwood command set now and later ICOM.

The question: what CAT commands must I support? Currently I have added
set/get for FA/FB (frequency VFO-A/B), MD (mode), TX/RX and IF (transceiver
status). What else is needed? Does WriteLog expect the radio to run in
Auto-Information mode so that unsolicited changes in frequency and/or mode
are sent?

Answers very welcome.

Simon Brown
---