[WriteLog] Help with Radio Shack USB to Serial Adapter

Robert Montemerlo montemerlo at nnei.net
Thu Jun 23 23:00:41 EDT 2005

I am using a Radio Shack 26-183 on two portables for CAT on a TS2000. One is
running XP and the other (a backup) is running W2000.

I have an older Radion Shack USB-serial adapter (26-183) which came with a
floppy and it works well on Writelog on both portables. I also run it on Ham
Radio Deluxe, DX Commander, Ham scope, etc.

I just bought a second one (same number 26-183) which came with a CD. I have
tried it on both portables using both the new and old driver and it has
problems with Writelog. You can set the band/mode from Writelog but Writelog
can not read frequency changes when tuning from the radio.

What is more confusing is that the new adapter runs fine with all my other
applications! IE ie does track the radio when tuning

Anyone know of a problem with Writelog and these new adapters??????

Thanks

Bob KB1JZU