[WriteLog] WriteLog won't stay put w/Dual Monitors

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at optonline.net
Sun Mar 6 22:55:11 EST 2005

Hi All,

> From: "Phil Cooper"
> I am a bit puzzled by your comment about the main screen being on the left,
> so negative values are involved.
> In theory, if your main screen is on the left, (ie, the one with the task
> bar), then the right hand screen should involve positive addresses.
> My main monitor is on the right, so any windows on the left have negative
> values.

You're not puzzled at all Phil.  That's it exactly.  Some software has
trouble with negative screen address, but most can read it fine.  I've
had Dual Monitors at work for years and I had the main monitor on the
right.  It worked.

> Out of curiosity, do you have a dual-head video card, or do you have two
> seperate cards?

I have a dual port video card, Nvidia GeForce FX550 PCI card, THAT WORKS
FINE WITH ALL OTHER SOFTWARE.  I'll REPEAT; ALL OTHER SOFTWARE STAYS PUT
ON THIS COMPUTER EXCEPT WRITELOG!

> From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr at gmail.com>
> I have a dual monitor card and the same thing happens.  I save but
> still have to move the windows each time I open WL.

Richard, Maybe you can try the setting I just made if your video card
has the same thing.

From: "FireBrick" <w9ol at billnjudy.com>
 > In the Matrox setup options, there is a setting to automatically save
 > windows in the size and position they were last closed.  The three >
 > > options are Save Restore Automatic.

Ok based on suggestions here I tried some setting changes.  I changed
from "Dual View" to "Horizontal Span"  Ok that worked but with some
caveats.  Now my task bar spans both monitors and whenever I open a
program (first time) or get a confirmation (Do you want to - Yes / No)
window it comes up split between the 2 monitors.  I don't like this
solution just for one program.  When and if I use WriteLog I'll move the
right monitor stuff back from the left.  As I said WriteLog is THE ONLY
PROGRAM that the windows in the right monitor don't stay put with "Dual
View" and I have other programs with multiple windows.  The "Horizontal
Span" is a compromise and I don't like it!  But thank you for the
suggests and giving me an alternative until WriteLog can come up with a
fix to this ERROR!

73,
Art
W2NRA