[WriteLog] WriteLog won't stay put w/Dual Monitors

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at optonline.net
Sun Mar 20 22:23:36 EST 2005

Hi,

I wrote on 3/05/2005:
 > I cannot get WriteLog to stay the way I set it up using dual monitors.
 > It is the only program that won't stay put.  BTW my main monitor is
 > the left one so negative screen addresses involved.  I've searched
 > the archive and the help.  Is there some setting I don't know about?

I've been delinquent sharing a very usable solution to this problem.
I only have the problem in the right monitor.  The left monitor stuff
stays put.  MarC, K3NCO, suggested a work-a-round.  First I arrange
everything I want on the left monitor.  I then arrange everything else
docked in the WriteLog main Window on the write monitor and placed the
left edge of this window so that it is just visible on the left monitor.
  I have the packet window just below this and also have the left edge
just visible on the left monitor.  Now I can see everything and
everything stays put.

Here's what I have on each monitor:
Left Monitor:
QSO Entry window
Rttyrite window
RTTY Control panel (MMTTY window)
VFO A bandmap
VFO B bandmap

Right Monitor:
Main WriteLog window with:
   QSO Log
   Super Check Partial
   Packet Spots
   Check call
   Band Summary
   S&P Memories
   Band Change
   QSO Rate
   Bearing
WriteLog Packet Terminal window

BTW I do have a dual monitor card in my PC and WriteLog is the only
program I have this trouble with.  But the work-around does work very
well for me.

73,
Art
W2NRA