[WriteLog] kam'98 hang up

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sun May 15 04:52:39 EDT 2005

Callsign?

What version of Writelog are you using?

Chris G3SJJ

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-bounces at contesting.com]On Behalf Of Nurulfadzilah Hasan
Sent: 15 May 2005 09:46
To: writelog at contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] kam'98 hang up

I am using Kantronics Kam ’98 modem. I’m having some problem with the modem
and I hope that anyone can help me. I’m using this modem in the HF messaging
that I developed. For this purpose, my system use terminal mode to control
the modem, and PACTOR link mode to connect and send data between the
stations in my system.
The problem is when the condition of the channel is bad, after the stations
are linked, the modem sometimes hang up and stops responding. By looking at
the LED lights, I can see that the modem seems like still sending arqs as if
it is still connected to the other station. But I cannot send messages and I
cannot unlink. The modem hangs up and ignores any command send to it. I do
not receive any messages or reply from the modem. I’ve tried sending the
disconnect command; "ctrl+c +D" several time for redundancy but it still
does not work. The only thing I can do is performing soft reset by turning
off the modem in order to make it work properly again. Can anyone help me
please?Can you suggest me what should I do to make the modem work properly
if the problem occurs? Thank you.