[WriteLog] kam'98 hang up

Nurulfadzilah Hasan e_ketchi at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 04:45:30 EDT 2005

I am using Kantronics Kam ’98 modem. I’m having some problem with the modem and I hope that anyone can help me. I’m using this modem in the HF messaging that I developed. For this purpose, my system use terminal mode to control the modem, and PACTOR link mode to connect and send data between the stations in my system.
The problem is when the condition of the channel is bad, after the stations are linked, the modem sometimes hang up and stops responding. By looking at the LED lights, I can see that the modem seems like still sending arqs as if it is still connected to the other station. But I cannot send messages and I cannot unlink. The modem hangs up and ignores any command send to it. I do not receive any messages or reply from the modem. I’ve tried sending the disconnect command; "ctrl+c +D" several time for redundancy but it still does not work. The only thing I can do is performing soft reset by turning off the modem in order to make it work properly again. Can anyone help me please?Can you suggest me what should I do to make the modem work properly if the problem occurs? Thank you.