[WriteLog] Need help with Icom IC-746pro and interface cable

Dr. Howard S. White drpaper at kleega.com
Thu Nov 3 20:27:28 EST 2005

You need an interface such as an Icom CT-17 to convert the TTL voltage
levels from the C-IV interface coming out of your rig to RS-232 voltage
levels used in your computer...

I never did understand why radio manufacturers never used standard RS-232
levels

If you have a modern computer with USB ports rather than serial ports .. try
something like a RigExpert Interface... which gives you digital modes as
well...

Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"