[WriteLog] still need help on turning off a shortcut

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Nov 11 08:07:11 EST 2005

Bill,

There is a section [KeyboardShortcuts] in the Writelog.ini. There may be
two lines there for "keypad1" and "keypad7". My notes say to remove these
two lines to get normal behavior for these keys.

I notice in the new clean installation on this computer, that section is
missing. On the Tools menu there is a Keyboard Shortcuts item and it has a
help file. I just made a change and then did a Configuration Save. Now the
shortcuts are in the ini.

But the keypad1 and keypad7 are not there? I wonder if this is a version
specific thing. I am using version 55D. There was quite a fuss when this
new behavior showed up. The keypad numbers 1 and 7 have normal behavior
right now (I just tried them) so the default in version 55D seems to be ok?

This may help you get a clue.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 10:54 AM 11/10/2005 -0600, FireBrick wrote:
>Now that we are between contests, maybe someone can answer my question
>about how to turn
>off a shortcut...by default.
>I would prefer to NOT have the shortcut that make the numpad 1 and 7 keys
>jump to
>next/previous bandmap stations by default.
>
>I looked in the .ini file to see if I could make those shortcut disabled
>by default but
>was unable to find anything that would help.
>
>I use the keypad a lot for sn entry and it causes problems if I start up
>WL and forget to
>turn them off.
>
>Please and thank you

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC