[WriteLog] Mmtty drop out

k4sb@bellsouth.net k4sb at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 16 12:17:51 EST 2005

Only a suggestion, but of course MMTTY will drop back to receive if PTT
is no longer asserted.

Perhaps a check of the circuit going to the PTT plug would be in order.
It could be the required voltage to keep PTT asserted is just too low.

On a Kenwood I used, I had this problem, and solved it by adding a
resistor from the PTT circuit to ground. ( on the Collector-Emitter )

Had to keep trying different values as the PTT would activate if the
resistor value was too low. Finally found a value which would not key
the PTT, but when the serial port RTS was asserted, things went fine.

73
Ed