[WriteLog] Mmtty drop out

Connie Marshall k5cm at azalea.net
Thu Nov 17 19:03:50 EST 2005

Hi Ed, no not the Radio PTT or the 165C software.... was worth a try though.

You can hear what the problem sounds like by loading just a %E in a msg
buffer and playing it. Radio comes on and you here the tone for a split
second. I'm not saying it has anything to do with %E but that's just a way
to hear what happens.

If you have ever noticed the random garbage characters that occasionally
appears (not RX garbage) when you hit a message key. They are blue in color
just like the other TX Msg characters. These garbage character sometime
appear when no failure occurs, but always seem to appear when it does fail.

It seems that it has something to do with the sound card Buffer or maybe the
loop back. If I turn the RF gain down on the Receiver, so the Sound card is
not printing anything, the problem seems to go away (of course can't do this
in real operation). Sometimes I can go 30 mins or more with out a failure,
sometimes it might happen 2 or three time in 5 minutes, so it is difficult
to trouble shoot.

Connie

K5CM