[WriteLog] FW: LPT again

ROBERT CARROLL w2wg at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 15:25:40 EST 2005

I'm forwarding this for Mike.

Bob W2WG

-----Original Message-----
From: ni7t [mailto:ni7t at preciscom.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:15 AM
To: ROBERT CARROLL
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT again

Bob  thanks for the answer   ..I am using 98 and I have kept two older
Dell's for my station computers to avoid the XP issues..I was floored
when I could not make this simple circuit work.....I assume I am still
doing something wrong...I am using the rig and the computer at the
moment but I am using the internal keyer on the PRO II...so any hints  I
have checked the wires ..used a breakout box to check the cable
replaced the transister.....at this point I do not believe the signal is
leaving the LPT port  by the way do you know if the correct pin is 16 or
17 the literature says each in different places..also you might forward
this to the reflector as I am typing between Q's   Mike NI7T