[WriteLog] Entering historic contest data

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Fri Sep 16 02:29:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

I want to suggest FastLogEntry (FLE) by DF3CB.

It's freeware, You enter only differential data as e.g.

---snip---
date 30-11-04
band 20
cw
2347 df3cb
8 dl6rai
dj2mx?
51 dl4mcf
---snip---

to get

30-11-04 20 cw 2347 df3cb
30-11-04 20 cw 2348 dl6rai
30-11-04 20 cw 2348 dj2mx?
30-11-04 20 cw 2351 dl4mcf

Data will be saved as ADIF. so You should be able to
import in most programs.

see <http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html> for screenshot and download.

73s de Werner DL4NER.

--Marc Ressler <marc.ressler at verizon.net> Donnerstag, 15. September 2005 20:53 -0400:

> I agree with Bill - the excel spreadsheet approach is great for a number of
> reasons, not the least of which is that you can drag repeated data down
> columns so you don't have to type them. I took Paul, W8TM's, spreadsheet
> and made two or three optional ones from it. A short one for simple entry
> of most contest info, and a more complete one to allow me to convert my
> paper logs into ADIF, along with things like power level (I also run QRP)
> and name, county, and state, etc... for awards tracking.
>
> If either the W8TM or W8TN ones don't suit you, then give me a shout direct
> and I will e-mail them to you. (Now ask me how far I have gotten with my
> paper logs <sigh>)
>

> MarC, K3NCO
> marc.ressler at verizon.net

Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier