[WriteLog] Requested 3 Enter key sequence for RTTY in WL

James Sullivan jims at psws.com
Thu Apr 13 00:41:33 EDT 2006

Tnx to K0XU and W6IHG for their comments.

As far as Fkeys goes it is a nice application.
However, my requested change will benefit WL in a High qso rate RTTY SO2R
contest.
When you are trying to interleave QSOs on 2 radios you need to really
minimize your mouse and hand movement.
My requested change eliminates use of the keyboard while running stations in
SO2R or SO1R.
After hitting the left mouse button, I only have to press the Mouse wheel
switch to send the exchange.
I do not have to move the mouse from RttyView to the Fkey window. The mouse
does not have to move

Jerry, there is no sand trap because I am in 'Enter sends Exchange/QRZ"
MODE.
My Mouse wheel switch is mapped to the Enter key.
Pressing the wheel switch proceeds to send the message mapped to the
'SendCallExchangeKey' from the WL [Configuration].
This MODE auto-advances the cursor to the Received exchange field for
grabbing via the mouse.....

This request is not noise. I am only asking for an optional ini entry to
allow the 3 Enter key sequence to work in rtty.
You can continue to use WL the way you want but you won't be able to use the
3 Enter keys without this requested change.

Jim W7EJ

>Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Requested 3 Enter key sequence for RTTY in WL
>To: Jim Rhodes <k0xu at iowadsl.net>, writelog at contesting.com
>Cc: writelog at contesting.com

>Jim, et al

>Yes, I use Fkeys about 90% of the time. But I find having other
>"convenient" keys mapped to the response sequence restful to the fingers.

>I have been pointing out for a long time that the rtty behaviour for the
>"Enter" function was broken because the cursor moves to the next field when

>you mouse click a call.

>However, I think there may be a "sand trap" here. What is being asked is
>"Don't move to the next field after entering a call using the left mouse
>button". This means when you next click on the report, the cursor is still
>in the call field and you garbage the call with a report.

>Think about this before too much noise is made.

>Jerry, W6IHG

---
[This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]