[WriteLog] microHam PTT delay and stutter

Chad Kurszewski chad.we9v at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 23:16:45 EST 2006

I just got a microHam CW Keyer and trying to get it set up.  I'm currently
getting an excessive hang time (excessive = anything greater than 0 ms.
after computer sent CW message is sent...I want instant turn around,
otherwise I'd run VOX mode) as well as a temporary PTT dropout at the end of
the CW message before finally dropping out for good.  (end of CW message,
PTT drops momentarily, then instantly keys PTT again for some delay, then
drops PTT).

What I'd like is that PTT drops immediately at the end of the computer
generated CW message, without stutter or delay.  I'd also like some delay
for hand sent code with the paddles.

I've played a bunch with the WL PTT settings, but haven't found the magic
combination.

Can someone please help me with this situation?

Thanks,
Chad WE9V