[WriteLog] Audigy 4 problem?

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Sat Dec 2 15:49:24 EST 2006

Any one using an Creative Audigy 4 sound card with Writelog,

Last week I replaced two old Creative 16 PCI cards in one of my office
computers with two Audigy 4 cards and moved the computer over to run the HF
radios.

Every thing was working fine for RTTY as I was setting up other ham
programs. But when I went to check out SSB I got a howl. My microphone is
being routed to the sound card and switched to the active radio by
Writelog. I remembered from way back that one had to mute the Line In
channel on the playback side to remove this feedback. That worked fine for
the microphone, wave files and my DVK. Got things balanced between the two
radios. All ok.

But then I went back to RTTY and no audio was getting to the Record channel
(which is a mix of Line In, CD, Aux, etc). After thinking I had somehow
zapped the card with RF, I reinstalled the drivers and things started
working until I went to SSB again. Last night when I should have been
sleeping I remembered the Line In Mute on the Playback side.

It seems the Playback mute also mutes the Line In to the Record side.
UGH.  I recall there was one of the early sound cards that we were testing
that did this also.

I can not seem to see any ini params to get Writelog to control that
Playback function. And I guess I really don't expect any.

Before I conclude that I just bought two sound cards that will not work
with Writelog, has any one been successful in using an Audigy 4 with
Writelog. In the meantime, I am going to pull the Santa Cruz card out of
the other computer, to replace the card being controlled by Writelog, so I
can chase the VU7.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net