[WriteLog] USB Sound Cards

Scot, K9JY scot at k9jy.com
Wed Dec 6 19:08:18 EST 2006

Hi Joe,

I bought the laptop and tested, so that's how I know that one. I had taken the sound card check program into Best Buy and tried it on every one of their laptops and they all came up 6b.

The ThinkPad that I had (R31 -- ancient) was 7f. At work we also use the ThinkPads and I tested all the models that we had through T-43. They all came up 7f.

I ordered a T-43, but they were discontinued and replace by the T-60. Since the sound card wasn't changed on any model all this time, I ordered it. And got bit! So now I am in search of the $50 device that will make my laptop work the way I want it to...

As for the sound card, it was recommended by another and it tested 7f. I tried to order that, but the distributer leaves a lot to be desired.

Scot, K9JY

K0BX <jduerbusch at sbcglobal.net> wrote: I wonder how  you are testing them to determine the 6b or 7f?  If you
are using the Writelog utility then you would have to buy them to find out?

I got a real cheap usb soundcard from TigerDirect.  $20.00.  It is
speaker out and no mike in.  I use my internal soundcard for Writelog
and the USB one to listen to Music on.  No conflict between the two.  I
can see no reason why this usb soundcard would not work with WL.

TigerDirect.com has several of the USB soundcards.

Joe K0BX