[WriteLog] directio woes ( more)

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 26 06:20:07 EST 2006

Sorry to return to this chestnut.

I'd really like to have WL working with my MK2R+ for
redundancy if naught else. I have perennially had problems
with this app. It allowed selection of an LPT port one time
( XP Home) but quit without warning after a few days ( not
30 N.B.).

Even after complete uninstallation of WL and directio and
subsequent reinstallation, all the LPT ports are greyed out,
but paradoxically the original tick mark in the DVK box that
I entered is still there ( greyed out)! Yes I've followed
all the guidelines for installation, 378-37A for LPT1, and
the WL exe in the security tab, but nada.

I'd happily pay the $30 reg. fee, but not until I can see
that it'll work consistently

Have I overlooked some enabling switch in WL perhaps?

tia

73

Clive
GW3NJW