[WriteLog] URGENT problem with new WL install

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 14:02:07 EST 2006

Here is one I have never seen before, and I have been using WL since  2000.
A new install of 10.57H is not generating a writelog.ini file.   I have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling twice with no luck.  After I  install WL it
opens aok, but I am not able to save any settings, such as  name, address, cw
speeds, commslot assignments, etc.  A windows search for  writelog.ini fails to
find the file anywhere on the C:\ drive.

Where 'o where could writelog.ini be?  How can WL operate with a
writelog.ini?

I need to solve this tonight, as we leave bright and early tomorrow for  J7.
Any help would be appreciated.

73, George.

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420