[WriteLog] URGENT problem with new WL install

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 16:12:19 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/10/2006 3:56:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jjreisert at alum.mit.edu writes:

It  should be in C:\Windows

Open an MS_DOS prompt and look there.   Perhaps it's hidden or read-only (use
the ATTRIB command to  see).

No, writelog.ini was not in C:\Windows at all.  We finally  discovered
wlini.exe.  Apparently it had been run, and all of the WL  settings were being saved
in the Registry.  We ran wlini.exe and  changed it back to create the
writelog.ini and wlogkey.ini.  Then all was  aok.

What a bitch of a problem!  Fortunately, John, W4IX, found it.

Geo...

Tnx guys for all the help.

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420