[WriteLog] Writelog 10.58E maybe problem?

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 24 10:38:50 EST 2006

Hi Joe, Earl and others,

I think it has something to do with the way Writelog initializes a 'virtual'
port. For example, using RTTY Write try to initialize a PK-232 on a USB
virtual port (You do not need a PK-232 for this experiment) and see what
happens. As a precaution, save your open files before attempting this
experiment.

I suspect this failure will happen with any virtual USB port, but for sure
it does happen with the USB port driver provided by MicroHam. I admit this
is not a real problem as you would not normally do this configuration using
a PK-232, but it is possibly the same problem you are having.

By-the-way, I am not blaming either the WriteLog program or the virtual USB
driver provided by MicroHam. This combination of software is relatively new
and most likely everyone involved with the programming are going through a
learning curve.

73 Eric.