[WriteLog] CW Function not working

Richard Cariello rcariello at si.rr.com
Sun Jan 29 23:31:51 EST 2006

Hello to all,
On my three contest station computers all running Windows 98se and Writelog ver 10.41a.

Any use of the Writelog program to generate CW characters produces intermitent dashes and dots. This happens while useing the program in CW Keyboard,F key file messages and logged call entries. In short I can not get any usable CW. I am useing the LPT Port as the keyer to the radio.

My concern is that this problem has suddenly started. The CW function was last used at my station in January 2005 during a CW contest. While checking the computers for this weekend I found this problem. Nothing has been changes at the station and the problem is the same on all three computers. Two of the computers have never been used on the internet. The third computer is used on the internet but has never been connected to the other two. Yet the problem is the same in all three computers.

I have since reinstalled the Windows98se and Writelog ver 10.41a program. The problem has not corrected.
Please help,
Rich AA2MF