[WriteLog] email back. docs. installer. etc.

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 7 01:06:52 EDT 2006

> Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:37:49 -0000
> From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd at writelog.com>
> Subject: [WriteLog] email back. docs. installer. etc.
> To: <writelog at contesting.com>
>
> ini options-there are pages and pages in there of what the
> ini options are and what they do. There is also a search
> facility in the help that people seem to be unaware of or
> unwilling to use. (The search engine is not unique to WriteLog).

Wayne,

First, thank you for the reply and update.  Also, thanks for the update on
the site's status, I was beginning to wonder.

The ini file options are of greatest concern to me.  Is it out of bounds to
request a change in the thought process of having to edit the ini file to
add functionality to the program?  We don't edit the ini file to state which
com port the rig control is on and what type of rig it is in addition to a
host of other settings.  Why is it that when new functionality is added, one
must manually edit the ini file?  In the years I've been using the program,
there's been numerous updates and additions, many welcomed, that required
additions to the ini file.  How about instead adding these to a
configuration screen inside the program?

Its much easier to find functionality in the configuration options then it
is to read the .ini file section of the help file to see whats newly added
each time.

Thanks

Charlie
KI5XP