[WriteLog] Merging ADIF Files

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Tue Jul 18 15:59:46 EDT 2006

I guess there is many ways to do this.  EZ way is to
upload the files into a logging program and then
export the all the records to a adi file.  I did this
with DXBASE.

But if you are willing to go to "DOS" it is very easy.

In DOS go to the directory with your ADI files.

Copy FD2005.adi + FD2006.adi + CQWWSSB06.adi BIG.adi

You just add all files with a PLUS (+) and then it
will merge all of them into BIG.adi.

Remember ADI is just a text file and can be edited
with any text editor.

There is only one problem with this method.

There is two lines at the beginning of each ADI file
called a  header.  You only can have one header I
think, so you have to do a search and delete in the
BIG.adi file to get rid of the other ones.

This is what the header looks like:

WriteLog
<EOH>

Very simple, Writelog is the name of the program that
generated the ADI
<EOH> tells the upload program that now the data is
starting.

Joe K0BX

Please note NEW e-mail address:
Now k0bx at arrl.net or jduerbusch at sbcglobal.net
Was k0bx at qsl.net  or jduerbusch at charter.net

Please make the change before April 18, 2006.

Please note NEW e-mail address:
Now k0bx at arrl.net or jduerbusch at sbcglobal.net
Was k0bx at qsl.net  or jduerbusch at charter.net

Please make the change before April 18, 2006.