[WriteLog] Fouled Up Telnet

ROBERT CARROLL w2wg at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 20:59:44 EDT 2006

I have been happily running Writelog for years but tonight broke it and
can't seem to fix it.  I am running XP and the latest WL. I monitor nodes
via Telnet when using WL.  Tonight I made the mistake of changing form one
of my regular notes to a beat node up in KY which is running DX Spider.  It
uses a non-standard telnet port.  I connected easily but found the cluster
has a single point configuration-not very useful.  So I went back to my old
cluster which has the standard port address of 23.  No luck.  Tried K1TTT-no
luck.  Tried K4UGA which uses a non-standard port of 599-no luck.  Went back
to the Kentucky node-can't log in.  I keep getting can't connect, retry?
messages but nothing from a cluster.  I have restarted WL several times. I
have rebooted-same problem.  I thought maybe the problem was outside of WL,
so I went to LOGIC which does a telnet login for me-it still works fine.  So
I have definitely done something nasty to WL.  Does anyone have ideas on how
to cure this?  I suppose as a last resort I can try a reinstallation.

Bob W2WG