[WriteLog] Networked Ops (long)

Henry Heidtmann henry at summitschool.com
Mon Jun 26 15:23:12 EDT 2006

I have to agree with you, John-
We run 2A- the network is simple- in fact, connect computer a to computer b,
eliminating the hub.
The GOTA is independent. At the end of FD, just copy the data of q's from
each and submit via the web. No log is necessary.
Operator switches? For FD? We use a pad (that pad also lets them write
contact info down for later use....)
Gads, I'm having more fun meeting new people, drinking a cold one and making
some q's with other clubs- lots of discussions about the WX this time.
We always finish well, but we don't bang our heads against the wall for FD-
that would probably serve to drive newcomers away.
Our computers were up and running in 2 minutes. 2 laptops, one running XP,
the other win98SE, and the GOTA laptop running 98SE. All 3 running WL
version 10.47.
The best was watching my 5 year old daughter work Iowa- and having the
operator on the other slow down and have a nice conversation with her.
THAT'S what FD is all about.

FWIW-
Henry, W2DZO