[WriteLog] Field Day

Rob k6rb at baymoon.com
Tue Jun 27 16:46:13 EDT 2006

What's the big deal? Field Day is not cut throat. There are no section,
province or dx multipliers. I use a computer to avoid calling someone on the
same band/mode for a second time (I wish some others had computers and good
programs instead of calling me three times on the same band/mode - sometimes
within minutes of the first QSO!). Is that a crime? I remember back to the
days of Sweepstakes, dupe sheets, and only K and W prefixes. There were lots
more "dupes" then than there are now even with all the fancy prefixes. I
believe the difference (an improvement, for sure) can be attributed to
computers.

Rob K6RB