[WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Mon Mar 20 12:53:00 EST 2006

Hello Jim,

Just being able to map "Insert" to a hotkey would be a plus as you
wouldn't have to take your hand off the home keys.  As it turns out
you can map a lot of WL functions to hotkeys except for "Insert".

This has been discussed before on the WL Reflector without any
upgrade satisfaction.  Granted "Insert" is only applicable in RTTY
(guess it is okay in PSK) which may be the reason it not being
implemented in prior upgrades.

Mapping "Escape" to the semi-colon key is a big help for me as it
stops the autoCQ, without having to lift my hand from the home keys,
in time to get the other station's call, especially if the other
station is sending your call before sending his in response to your CQ.