[WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Mar 20 07:10:47 EST 2006

Charlie,

Actually, it almost works that way. There is a gotcha in there for RTTY. As
long as you TYPE in the Call Sign which leaves the cursor in the Call
field, Enter Sends... the report message as advertised.

But if you click on a call from rttyrite, the Call gets entered ok but also
the cursor moves to the next field so Enter sends QRZ message, not the
report that you want.

Did you find a way to keep the cursor in the Call field so that it worked
for you?

Jerry, W6IHG

At 12:28 PM 3/19/2006 -0600, Charles Morrison wrote:
>Actually Jim, I never paid much attention to the existance of this feature
>until the post this weekend.  I tried it in the BARTG.  With nothing in the
>qso entry window, hit enter and it sends cq.  Assuming the guy comes back to
>you, type in or click his call, hit enter, it sends the 001 time macro, he
>comes back with his qso and time and hit enter a third time and it logs it,
>sends the tu and qrz and returns to normal.
>
>I think this is the greatest thing in the world for a run radio when you've
>gotten about 40 hours into CQWW and you're not exactly sure where you are
>anymore.  Wish I'd have paid more attention in the past.
>
>Charlie
>KI5XP
>

> > Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:50:46 -0500
> > From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>
> > Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years
> > To: "Hal Kennedy" <halken at comcast.net>, <writelog at contesting.com>
> >
> > At 01:55 PM 3/18/2006, Hal N4GG wrote:
> >
> > >Enter sends message has been a feature for a long, long time.
> > >
> > >Under the "entry" pulldown, check: "enter sends exch/QRZ."
> > That's it.
> > >Which F keys it sends are controlled in the .ini.
> > >
> > >Works like a champ - emulates TR log in run mode.
> >
> > Hal, it doesn't seem to work in RTTY mode, though.  You still need to
> > use INSERT to send the exchange.
> >
> > 73 - Jim AD1C
> >

> > --
> > Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> > USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net