[WriteLog] Rig control troubles - please help!

Grant Kesselring kesselg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 00:50:25 EST 2006

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 desktop PC running XP that I've been trying to interface with two rigs for SO2R operation.  The first rig (TS-850) is connected via a standard COM port and the second (FT-990) is connected through a Belkin F5U109 USB to serial adapter.  Writelog manages to interface with each radio ok seperately, but interfaces with neither when both radios are configured at the same time.

Looking at the device manager list, I see under Ports (COM & LPT) the following:
  Belkin F5U109 Serial Port (COM4)
  Communications Port (COM5)

Back in WL, under the ports setting I am using the appropriate COM numbers to call out the two radios.

Thinking it was possibly an IRQ problem, I tried to change the resources on COM5 to be a different IRQ number.  This did not have any effect.  At this point I do not know what else to try.  I started with a clean writelog.ini to make sure I didn't have any legacy setting that could possibly mess things up.  Any suggestions?

73,
Grant
K1KD