[WriteLog] CQP Cabrillo Errors

Dave L. Thompson k4jrb at juno.com
Wed Oct 11 11:42:10 EDT 2006

Cabrillo is very picky about a lot of things so I think every contestant
should check the cabrillo output
(use notepad or similar).   The robots for each contest are set up to
look for certain things.  Make sure
the Category does not contain extra items.  If its a RTTY or CW contest
having CW or RTTY in the Category will kick you out.   Next make sure the
band or bands are correct.  I did not look at my H26 Swiss entry and
found later that half of my QSOs went on 21 Mhz when they should have
been on 14 Mhz.
I was on an older version of Writelog.

For the specific contest make sure the QSO line is not missing part of
the exchange.

If you see errors feel free to correct the Summary but do not touch the
QSO lines.  Any corrections should be made in the actual logging program.
  Ask for help or get the logging program tech support to aid you in
making changes to the program.  I find that tech support is usually very
happy to help as they want the program to be outputting the correct info.

Finally, look at your return message from the robot.  I find that many
never do this for the CQ 160 Contests
then are surprised when their log is not there in the final results.
Usually the robot either sends you a confirmation number or tells you
what is wrong so you can fix it.

REMEMBER its up to you to get your log in not the Contest sponsor!

73 Dave K4JRB