[WriteLog] MMTTY no diddles with WriteLog

Mark Klocksin mpklocksin at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 16 23:31:57 EDT 2006

A few weeks ago, I configured my station so I could run FSK with
MMTTY and WriteLog.  It's working beautifully.  The computer is a HP
Pavilion, and the software is WriteLog with the MMTTY plug-in,  and
MMTTY with ext fsk.

Bolstered by this success, I volunteered to set up a portable station
for our club.  I spent some hours tonight installing the K5WW DB-9
Pin 3 TXD mod. to a RigBlaster Nomic interface connected to a Dell
laptop.  The Dell has two Keyspan USB to serial converters.  The COM
ports are 5 and 6.  Port 5 is connected to the rig, and port 6 is
being used for PTT/FSK.  After I finished the modification, I was
really pleased when I booted MMTTY/ext.fsk and it everything worked!
The rig was transmitting beautiful FSK!  I thought I was all set.

However, when I booted WriteLog/MMTTY, all I get is a steady tone
when I key the rig.   No diddles!  I compared all the screens I could
find between my station computer and the Dell laptop, but they looked
the same.  I'm hoping there's something simple I'm overlooking.

Any ideas?

73 es tnx Mark WA9IVH