[WriteLog] SO2R.. sort of

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 11:57:05 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/18/2006 10:08:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com writes:

We want  to set up a SO2R arrangement for contesting but using two operators,
two  radios, two sets of antennas and two networked computers. Each radio
needs to  be able to lock out the other from transmitting and signal (somehow)
when each  particular radio is free to transmit.

Anyone know of how to do this or  the source of a diagram for
interconnections?

Rick,

This is not really a WL issue, although WL provides logging support  for
operating a SO2R station.

There are a number of SO2R devices on the market for accomplishing what you
want to do.  I use a DX Doubler from Top Ten Devices, and there are  others.

Do a Google search on SO2R to find a lot of reference material.  Also,  post
your question on the CQ-Contest reflector and you will get a thousand
opinions, hi.

73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420