[WriteLog] ARRL 160

Paul C. Thompson n6pc at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 08:50:54 EST 2007

Here is some information on the problem with the robot for the 160M contest
from Scott N3FJP.

N6PC

Hi All,

I received a response back from Sean Kutzko, ARRL Contest Branch Manager,
regarding the problem with DX entries for the ARRL 160 contest.  Apparently
they have been trying to fix the robot but are unable to.  Here is Sean's
reply:

"DX" is going to have to be added to the Cabrillo file as a filler. I've
been on the phone all morning with my superiors trying to get this fixed
long-term. For now, though, make sure your users edit the Cabrillo file and
add "DX" as a location for all DX QSOs they made.

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
ARRL Contest Branch Manager
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111
(860) 594-0232
skutzko at arrl.org

You can open your Cabrillo file in Notepad, add DX to the DX contacts,
resubmit your log and you will be all set.

If ARRL is unable to get this fixed long term as Sean indicates they are
trying to do, you can be sure I'll certainly update the software accordingly
in the next release.

73, Scott
N3FJP
http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging
software since 1997.