[WriteLog] Writelog and WinKey PTT (LeadIn)

Tony Wanschura tonyjw at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 12 07:14:38 EST 2007

I would like to use the K1EL WinKey to key my rig, in CW, employing a PTT
lead time in order to switch an older amplifier in time to prevent
hot-switching of it's T/R relay.

I can specify a PTT lead time in Writelog, but it only applies to CW sent
from the Writelog program through the WinKey, not to CW sent from the paddle
connected to the WinKey.

Winkey's setup program allows me to specify a PTT lead-time, but when
Writelog intitializes the WinKey, it seems to override or wipe out that
setting, leaving me with no PTT lead time for paddle-sent CW.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to specify WinKey's LeadIn time
via the Writelog .ini file?

And also, just what Winkey parameters does Writelog allow to be initialized
via the .ini file?

Thanks,
Tony, KM0O