[WriteLog] FW: Belkin F5U409 Question.

James M. Galm, W8WTS jim at w8wts.com
Tue Feb 13 01:37:47 EST 2007

Here's a very interesting new result from tinkering with my Belkin F5U409
USB/serial converter.

I posted earlier that it does not do rig control with my FT1KMP and it does
not send WriteLog generated DTR CW.  More testing showed that it DOES send
WriteLog generated DTR CW when sent from the Alt-k keyboard window.
Characters typed into the Alt-k keyboard window send correctly from the
Belkin F5U409 DTR signal.  Characters sent from the CW memories never cause
the Belkin F5U409 DTR to change state.

Perhaps this fact could help those with more detailed knowledge of how
WriteLog interfaces with its serial ports to understand why the Belkin
F5U409s fail to do rig control or send CW from the memories.

All insight is appreciated.

73,

Jim, W8WTS.

  _____