[WriteLog] USB Ports

Geoff Valentine sparksatsea at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 29 11:10:41 EST 2007

I a in thr process of purcahsing a laptop. However, as this unit will not
have any 9-pin d-connectors,
I will therefore need to convert via a universal usb to 9 pin serial unit.
At present I use two connections
from my PC into te rig, one to control the rig, the other to key [CW]. I
have seen a dual converter, but
this is USB version 1.1. I have been informed that I will need version 2.0
for the laptop which I am
purchasing.. Dell Ispiron 1501. However, I was under the impression that the
USB connectors would be
backward compatible.

Would appreciate help here, as I do not want to go out and buy two units
which will not work!!

Appreciate this may have been already covered but could not find any
information from past
forum entries..

Cheers

Geoff Valentine  /  G0UVX    sparksatsea at dsl.pipex.com