[WriteLog] %Z

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 24 00:12:55 EDT 2007

Ed and I both use the two-PC method and therefore only have to use one buffer on each PC for this message - one has %ZA1, the other
%ZA2.

Bob, the real reason I'm replying, and maybe others can be helped by this advice, is that I believe it's better not to put "TU"
before putting "ALSO %ZA1" in the message for one reason.  When I'm S&P and I see "TU", I'm immediately off the frequency looking
for the next contact.  I don't wait around to see the rest of the message.  I S&P as fast as I can possibly do it.  Maybe others
aren't so fast to move away, but once I know the contact is confirmed, I'm out of there.  Instead I use:

%R QRV %ZA1 TU DE AA5AU CQ %E

OR

%R PSE %ZA1 (or %ZA2) TU DE AA5AU CQ %E

In NAQP, it may be proper just to put:

%R %ZA1 (or %ZA2) TU DE AA5AU CQ %E

Most folks already know what you are trying to do.  The %Z is SO COOL.  I just love it.  It worked well for me in last weekend's
RTTY test.  I had lots of people move, especially when ten meters was open.  Got quite a few to move from 40 to 80 as well.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com