[WriteLog] Network reliability

K7ZO (Scott Tuthill) k7zo at cableone.net
Mon Nov 5 20:26:24 EST 2007

Have used WL for years at NK7U in MS, MM, M2 environments with high levels
of RF, up to 5 PC's online at the same time. Never had any problems I would
call "networking" problems. Had something that looked like networking
problems once that we finally traced down to someone had changed the default
directories WL was using. We had multiple revisions of WL on the same PC in
some cases -- somehow someone changed the default directories across
versions on one PC which then did not behave well. We have since cleaned
this up and have one and only one version of WL on the PC's at the same
time. We also do not allow any direct web access from contest PC's
anymore -- web, IM, e-mail, etc. -- which also cleaned up the PC's quite a
bit.

But, to me WL network behavior is a shining star. Once you have a PC crash
at 2AM, drop in a spare, and have it auto-sync the log back up in seconds,
you know it is something special.

Scott/K7zo