[WriteLog] Makrothen bugs

Gerald Wilson gtwilson at integrity.com
Mon Oct 15 01:05:31 EDT 2007

Greetings to All,

I also experienced the problems which have been mentioned in this thread.

I realize that the issue appears to be with the Makrothen module.  I am
running WriteLog 10.62H., Makrothen Module 1.0.0.5, and MMTTY 1.65D on a
system with MS-Windows XP-Pro and plenty of memory and horsepower.  During
the Makrothen contest, I shut down and restarted WriteLog several times; and
it did not correct the problem.  I did not close the RTTYrite window and
re-open that window so I do not know if my experience would have been
different if I had done so.

When I open WriteLog choosing the Makrothen module, I see a dialogue box
telling about the module version, advising the user to read the
"makro.readme.txt" file, and requesting the user to report any problems
encountered.

In reading the "makro.readme.txt" file I note that it says the following:

ChangeLog
1.0.0.0   23-Feb-2004  Initial Version requested by DK3VN
1.0.0.1   29-Feb-2004   fixed rtty auto-field fill; fixed
                        cabrillo output; fixed cabrillo entry class
1.0.0.2   29-Feb-2004   one more rtty-auto-field-fix; clear grid if
                        selecting new callsign in rtty window
1.0.0.3   06-Mar-2004   change for rtty highlighting
1.0.0.4   09-Mar-2004   change adif field GRID to GRIDSQUARE
1.0.0.5   22-Oct-2004   40/80m low band bonus added

Change 1.0.0.2 was supposed to fix "clear GRID [field] if selecting a new
callsign" (a problem I experienced), and 1.0.0.3 was a change for "RTTY
highlighting" presumably to correct a problem.  My Makrothen module behaves
as though those changes were not made, or else, as if I have an older
module.

Following the request in the module's dialogue box, I sent an e-mail to
Steve in October 2005 reporting the symptoms and conditions under which they
occurred.  I have not seen any authoritative response or instructions on the
reflector to help resolve the problems.

The module functions well enough to use for the contest, but it does not
function properly like so many other RTTY test modules.  I hope that a fix
for this module will be released.  I agree with others' comments that the
Makrothen is a fun contest.

I have been a WriteLog user/customer since 2002.  I probably would not have
been involved in RTTY contests as much as I have were it not for WriteLog.

Vy 73,

   Jerry    K7VIT