[WriteLog] Multi Keyer PTT Lines

Ken Claerbout k4zw at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 18:00:53 EDT 2008

  I have what's probably a stupid question.  I'm going to revisit a problem I had interfacing the PTT control from my W5XD Multi Keyer to a Ten Tec Orion.  My last attempt was shortly before a contest, in kind of a hurried state so I may have overlooked something simple.  Should I expect to see a contact closure coming from the PTT jack of the Multi-Keyer or is it a voltage level that needs to be converted to a contact closure?  As I recall, I put an ohmmeter on the cable and didn't see any closure when say I hit F1 (CQ).

   While I'm at it, I had to reverse the connection on my Bencher paddles into the Multi Keyer as the dot/dash were reversed.  It's OK on my other keying devices and an early kit version of the Multi Keyer.  Is there some setting to reverse this rather than having to change the cable?  I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Ken K4ZW