[WriteLog] What program to use

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 3 18:26:01 EDT 2008

> Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:50:37 -0500
> From: Wayne <aa5jj at suddenlink.net>
> Subject: [WriteLog] What program to use
> To: Writelog reflector <writelog at contesting.com>
>
> I see that some use MMTTY for RTTY contest and what others are using I
> have no idea, I thought WL could run all the contest by its self that is
> why I bought it. Please be patient with me I have been a rag chewer all
> my Ham life and not into contest at all except for FD, I am now disabled
> and have allot of time to play and want to get into contesting so I have
> a learning curve to go through and the curve is long for me hi hi.
>
> 73 Wayne AA5JJ

Wayne,

You're almost there, don't give up!  :)

What everyone is talking about is that although the RTTY decoder built into
Writelog is ample, there are several advantages to running MMTTY "inside" of
WL.  Writelog is still your logging program, and for that matter, RttyRite
is still the RTTY program, but instead of the built in decoding of RTTYRite,
you use MMTTY as a "plugin".

Everything you want to know about how to get started with Writelog and RTTY
is available on Don Hill, AA5AU's site.  Its located at
http://www.rttycontesting.com

Read that page, starting from the beginning, it will tell you what to click
in Writelog, where to click it, and how to get it going.  When done, you'll
have Writelog as your logging program, and when you select a RTTY contest,
MMTTY will open up as a separate decoder alongside RTTYWrite and Writelog.

Charlie
KI5XP