[WriteLog] Troubling info

Kostas SV1DPI sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Mon Jun 30 12:01:27 EDT 2008

Hello to all
I like writelog a lot and i am familiar and it is difficult for me to change
it. I can understand now the guys who told me that they don't like to change
the ct and i had the question how they can insist in a program not so good
anymore... If i tried my first contesting program today i would voted n1mm
because it is free and offers abt the same or more from writelog.
What is more in n1mm?
1.price (free)
2.customer service (far better as anyone can ask and there is a waiting list
for features. How many of us have asked for full support of the second vfo
feature without a reply at all? tell us no but without a reply?)
3.manual (there is a real manual to setup everything while in writelog there
is only the online help).

all these reasons are able to drive someone to n1mm and not writelog.
Beside this a number of problems with the network was the reason for many
users to try something else and stay there. (i have heard that win-test is
very good on this)
Some problems with the installers, especially in older machines, had to do
also (not all hams have a computer with service pack 2 to install the
writelog).

I wish writelog stay usable but without serious new features for more than 2
years what you can expect? I am still here (without renew last year) but how
much?

Kostas sv1dpi