[WriteLog] SSB Recordings

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Mar 31 12:20:44 EDT 2008

You are correct Harold, start recording!  However, I just found out this
method doesn't work so well for numbers!

In the WPX contest you have to give a 3 digit number, so I recorded the
first one hundred contact numbers as wav files - 001, 002, etc.  They played
fine at the start of the contest, but then about QSO number 108 I had WL
play the contact number and it came out TEN EIGHT.  Not exactly what I was
expecting!

I forgot that I had also recorded some test wav files for numbers the
numbers 10 thru 15.  I thought since WL would not find a 108.wav file it
would parse together the string from individual number wav files and say ONE
ZERO EIGHT.  Apparently it tries to find as much of the string as it can in
a single wav file and then parses the missing part from individual numbers
or letters.  I had to quickly take a break and delete the offending wav
files so they wouldn't be a problem.  Live and learn!

73,
Gary AL9A